DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — New Jersey Gov. Christie Christie is set to visit Iowa next month to appear at a fundraiser for Gov. Terry Branstad.
The campaign for Branstad, who is running for his sixth non-consecutive term, announced Tuesday that Christie will attend Branstad’s annual birthday fundraiser on Oct. 25 in Clive.
Christie is chairman of the Republican Governors Association, a role that provides him with the opportunity to raise money and campaign for GOP candidates. He made a July visit to Iowa, sparking speculation about his presidential aspirations.
During Christie’s last trip to the kickoff voting state, he raised money for Republican candidates. He appears to have survived the lane-closing scandal that rocked his administration, though an investigation continues.
Recent polls have shown Branstad with a substantial lead against his Democratic opponent Jack Hatch.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Celebrate National Pretzel Day With These Freebies And Specials
- ‘I Think It’s Very Insensitive’: Company Suggests Weighing Airline Passengers To Save Fuel, Cut Costs
- ‘Our First Sports Shoe That’s Made To Be Remade’: Adidas In Process Of Making Recyclable Shoe
- Teacher Facing Discipline After Allegedly Drawing On Student’s Head With Permanent Marker
- Company Promises Travelers A Chance To Go Places Without Even Leaving Home