By Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Around 600 full time nurses are beginning a 2-day strike today at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Delaware County.
The nurses are all members of the Association of Staff Nurses and Allied Professionals.
The Crozer-Chester nurses made the decision for the two-day strike after all negotiations appeared to be stalled. The professional nurses have been working without a contract since June.
Key issues include staffing, pay cuts, and pension levels. Contract talks began last April, and officials with the Nurses Union say those talks have gone nowhere.
In the meantime, the hospital has hired temporary nurses to fill the positions of the striking nurses for the two-day period.
No new contract talks have been scheduled.
- Philadelphia Police Release Video Of Suspect Who Fatally Shot Longtime Bar Employee During Robbery
- ‘Nobody Was Helping’: Tow Truck Driver Saves Woman From Attacker In Center City
- Criminal Charges Against Contractor Possible After Another Partial Home Collapse In Olde Richmond
- New Jersey Mother Who Smothered 3-Month-Old Baby After Heavy Drinking Gets Prison Time
- State Lawmakers Urged To Fix Pennsylvania’s Turnpike’s Fiscal Plight