By Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Around 600 full time nurses are beginning a 2-day strike today at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Delaware County.
The nurses are all members of the Association of Staff Nurses and Allied Professionals.
The Crozer-Chester nurses made the decision for the two-day strike after all negotiations appeared to be stalled. The professional nurses have been working without a contract since June.
Key issues include staffing, pay cuts, and pension levels. Contract talks began last April, and officials with the Nurses Union say those talks have gone nowhere.
In the meantime, the hospital has hired temporary nurses to fill the positions of the striking nurses for the two-day period.
No new contract talks have been scheduled.
- Possible Drive-By Shooting Nine Injures People, Police Say
- Philadelphia Favorite Santucci’s Pizza Opens Up Shop On Ocean City Boardwalk
- Winning Numbers For 10th-Largest Mega Millions Jackpot In History
- Billy Joel Rocks Citizens Bank Park For 6th Straight Year
- ‘You Feel Very Violated’: Montgomery County Coffee Shop The Victim Of 2 Art Heists