By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS)– Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in this country according to the world health organization. Now a new mobile app can help monitor your daily mental health.
It’s called “whatsmym3” and it’s a test that can be taken daily to indicate signs of depression and other mental issues that could lead to suicide.
Dr. Stephen Mechanick, the chairman of psychiatry at Main Line Health says these screening tools can be useful.
“I think a fair number of people recognize that they have depression and they may recognize it to varying degrees. A screening test can help codify to some degree that there is evidence of a problem that needs attention.”
He adds it’s important that if the app does indicate there’s a problem, that the patient follow up with a doctor to make sure a serious situation can be handled before there’s a potential problem.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Firefighters Battle Massive Blaze At School In Delaware County
- Neighbors Smelled Odor Coming From Building Where Man’s Body Found Wrapped In Tarp
- Some Jersey Shore Boardwalk Games Not Fair, Reveals State Inspections
- Trump On His Meeting With Putin, U.S. Intelligence And His Response To Critics
- Invasive Pest First Discovered In Pennsylvania Now Spotted In New Jersey