By Jan Carabeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a 32-year-old man was shot by his girlfriend’s father while he was attempting to climb through a window to visit her.
The man’s girlfriend, 20, lived with her father, 41, at Home Circle Apartments on Axe Factory Road in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police say the homeowner possibly mistook the 32-year-old for an intruder when he shot his daughter’s boyfriend. After the shooting, the 41-year-old called police, who arrived to find the man with a gunshot wound in the head.
The man was rushed to Aria Torresdale Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The shooter was taken to the Northeast Detective Division for questioning. There is no word yet if charges will be filed.
Stay tuned to CBSPhilly.com for more on this developing story.
- The Met Philadelphia Hosting First Boxing Match Saturday
- Samsung Hopes To Revitalize Market With Latest $2,000 Smartphone
- Sea Isle Police Searching To Identify Man Wanted In Aggravated Assault
- New Jersey Weather: Wintry Mix Hits South Jersey As State Of Emergency Remains In Effect Until 6 A.M. Thursday
- 4-Year-Old Boy Dies After Falling Onto Piece Of Glass In North Philadelphia, Police Say