By Jan Carabeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a 32-year-old man was shot by his girlfriend’s father while he was attempting to climb through a window to visit her.
The man’s girlfriend, 20, lived with her father, 41, at Home Circle Apartments on Axe Factory Road in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police say the homeowner possibly mistook the 32-year-old for an intruder when he shot his daughter’s boyfriend. After the shooting, the 41-year-old called police, who arrived to find the man with a gunshot wound in the head.
The man was rushed to Aria Torresdale Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The shooter was taken to the Northeast Detective Division for questioning. There is no word yet if charges will be filed.
Stay tuned to CBSPhilly.com for more on this developing story.
- Sinkhole Exposes Highly Controversial Pipeline In West Whiteland Township
- Homeless Seeking Shelter As Bitter Cold Grips Region
- Anonymous Donor Gives $500,000 To Philly Non-Profit To Offer Zero-Interest Loans To Hundreds of Federal Workers
- 33-Foot Tall Robot Sculpture Named ‘Bebot’ Now Standing Tall In Northern Liberties
- Large Cave-In Shuts Down Center City Intersection