By Jan Carabeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a 32-year-old man was shot by his girlfriend’s father while he was attempting to climb through a window to visit her.
The man’s girlfriend, 20, lived with her father, 41, at Home Circle Apartments on Axe Factory Road in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police say the homeowner possibly mistook the 32-year-old for an intruder when he shot his daughter’s boyfriend. After the shooting, the 41-year-old called police, who arrived to find the man with a gunshot wound in the head.
The man was rushed to Aria Torresdale Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The shooter was taken to the Northeast Detective Division for questioning. There is no word yet if charges will be filed.
Stay tuned to CBSPhilly.com for more on this developing story.
- Officials Investigating After Restaurant Workers Caught Pouring Unknown Liquid Into Manayunk Storm Drain
- ‘He Betrayed Us, He Lied To Us’: Police Officer’s Widow, FOP Call For DA Krasner’s Resignation Over Abu-Jamal Appeal
- Delivery Driver Danger: Valuables, Vehicles And Pizza Stolen From Delivery Drivers In Series Of Armed Robberies
- Washington Township First Responders, High School Students Participate In Active School Shooter Drill
- 2 Trenton Police Officers Facing Federal Charges After Assaulting Man During Arrest, US Attorney Says