PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia police are searching for the hit-and-run driver who struck and killed a man in Tioga.
It happened around 12:10 a.m. Saturday at 25th Street and Allegheny Avenue.
Police say a 60-year-old man was in the middle of the crosswalk when he was struck by a vehicle. The impact sent the man airborne and when he landed he was struck by a second vehicle.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the second vehicle pulled over and was cooperating with police. The driver who initially struck the victim fled the scene. Police found the vehicle he or she was driving abandoned along the 3100 block of Bainbury Street.
Anyone with information about the hit-and-run accident is asked to contact police.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Blue Cross RiverRink 2019 Summerfest Now Open For Business 7 Days A Week
- Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary Reportedly Sold To Main Line Health
- 20-Year-Old Man Killed After Crashing Into Tree On Roosevelt Boulevard, Police Say
- ‘A Tale Of 2 Cities’: Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting That Injured 10 People At Trenton Bar
- Philadelphia Helps Kids Get Ready For Summer With First Ever ‘Suit Up For Summer’ Campaign