PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia police are searching for the hit-and-run driver who struck and killed a man in Tioga.
It happened around 12:10 a.m. Saturday at 25th Street and Allegheny Avenue.
Police say a 60-year-old man was in the middle of the crosswalk when he was struck by a vehicle. The impact sent the man airborne and when he landed he was struck by a second vehicle.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the second vehicle pulled over and was cooperating with police. The driver who initially struck the victim fled the scene. Police found the vehicle he or she was driving abandoned along the 3100 block of Bainbury Street.
Anyone with information about the hit-and-run accident is asked to contact police.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Former Vice President Joe Biden Could Make 2020 Presidential Announcement At Art Museum Steps, Sources Say
- 10,000 Candy-Filled Easter Eggs To Be Dropped From Helicopter In Northeast Philadelphia
- Man Wanted For Sexually Assaulting, Robbing 69-Year-Old Man In Center City, Police Say
- Federal Authorities Seize Hundreds Of Counterfeit Bryce Harper Jerseys Worth Over $40,000
- Man Arrested In Connection To 4-Alarm Fire That Devoured Thrifty Irishman In Port Richmond, Authorities Say