PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are investigating an early morning shooting in West Philadelphia that left a man fighting for his life.
It happened around 1 a.m. Monday near 56th and Catherine Streets.
Police say a 24-year-old man was sitting on the front porch of his home when he was shot twice in the back.
A friend of the victim tried to take him to the hospital, but on the way they were involved in a minor car accident.
No one was injured in the crash.
The shooting victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of the Pennsylvania by police. He is listed in critical condition.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
Police have no suspects, but they are questioning witnesses to the shooting.
You may also be interested in these other stories:
- Suspect Caught On Camera Stealing Pricey Artwork From Penn Medicine’s Perelman Center
- Amazon To Offer Free 1-Day Shipping For Prime Customers
- Fans In Philadelphia Flock To Theaters For Debut Of ‘Avengers: Endgame’
- Man Killed In Olney Shooting
- Officers Open Fire During Confrontation With Armed Man In South Philadelphia