PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say a man was critically wounded after he was shot by a customer he was allegedly trying to rob at gunpoint at a take-out restaurant in North Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. Saturday inside Kim Do Restaurant along the 2600 block of North 27th Street in the Strawberry Mansion section of the city.
Authorities say an armed man was allegedly attempting to rob another customer when that customer pulled a gun and shot him in the neck.
The alleged robber was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
The shooter fled the scene but was later arrested and was being questioned by investigators.
The shooter was claiming self defense. There was no initial word on any charges.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Philadelphia Police Release Video Of Suspect Who Fatally Shot Longtime Bar Employee During Robbery
- ‘Nobody Was Helping’: Tow Truck Driver Saves Woman From Attacker In Center City
- Criminal Charges Against Contractor Possible After Another Partial Home Collapse In Olde Richmond
- New Jersey Mother Who Smothered 3-Month-Old Baby After Heavy Drinking Gets Prison Time
- State Lawmakers Urged To Fix Pennsylvania’s Turnpike’s Fiscal Plight