PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The consensus among most experts heading into the 2014 NFL season has been that the Eagles will repeat as NFC East Champions. Their three divisional rivals all struggled for the majority of the 2013 season and the Eagles appear poised to only improve in the second season of the Chip Kelly era.
Don’t tell that to the Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul. The defensive end is talking very confidently about what he expects his team to do in 2014. That includes an NFC East title.
“We’re going to win (the division),” Pierre-Paul told Stephen A. Smith on his Sirius XM program.
“I’ve been here for five years, and each year the division has been up for grabs. We never knew who was gonna win the division, and it always came down to the last game. This year we’re gonna try to snatch it and run with it.”
When asked what team in the NFC East worries him the most, Pierre-Paul said “Nobody, but us.”
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Dolphins To Discipline Players Who Protest Anthem With Suspensions, Fines
- WWE’s The Miz And Maryse On Parenthood, Daniel Bryan, Her Return
- Eagles Quarterback Nick Foles Wins ESPY For Best Championship Performance
- Sex Abuse Victims Join Hands, Accept Courage Award At ESPYs
- Dodgers Land All-Star Shortstop Manny Machado From Orioles