PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police are investigating a deadly shooting and brutal hammer attack in the Crescentville section of the city.
Authorities say around 10 a.m. a relative came to the home on the 500 block of Allengrove Street and found one male shot several times. A second man was found shot and beaten with a hammer in the back of the residence.
Initial investigations reveal they may have been dead for several hours before the family member discovered them.
Chief Inspector Dennis Wilson says, “Police immediately responded from the 2nd district and found two males in their twenties. One looks like he was bludgeoned with a hammer, the other shot. Both were deceased and homicide is investigating at this point.”
Police say the back door of the home was kicked in and they believe the shooting happened overnight.
The identities of the men found murdered have not been released. There is no information available on a suspect or suspects.
Stay with CBSPhilly.com for the latest on this developing story.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: 2 Suspects Arrested For Murder Of 23-Year-Old Man Inside Frankford Store
- Uber Rolls Out Feature Urging Riders To ‘Check Your Ride’ In Wake Of Samantha Josephson’s Murder
- Tractor-Trailer Veers Off Roadway, Overturns On I-78 In Lehigh County
- New Jersey Woman Facing Animal Cruelty Charges After 20 Dogs Found In Inhumane Conditions, Police Say
- 76-Year-Old Man Charged In Wife’s Cold Case Murder Nearly 40 Years After Her Disappearance