PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A woman has died after she was struck by three cars Friday morning in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say around 5 a.m. a topless woman was crossing near Broad Street and Belfield Avenue against a red light when she was hit by a white vehicle heading south.
Investigators say the first car that struck the woman never bothered to stop. The second car that struck the victim did stop and called police for assistance. A third car then hit the woman, that car also did not stop.
However, police say the third driver later heard a news report and thought she was there and is cooperating with the investigation.
Now the police investigation is focused on the first driver, who did not stop, in a car described as white, with front end and windshield damage.
An eyewitness says “Even if you didn’t see her you should’ve felt the impact.”
Police say, “There must be someone that saw something or knows something about this car that would help in the investigation.”
The victim was taken to Einstein Medical Center where died from her injuries.
Police say there are 15 cameras in the area they will be reviewing as part of their investigation.
- Dozens Of Children Paint Malcolm Jenkins Mural In West Philadelphia
- Customer Accepts Responsibility For Tying Noose Found In Home Depot In Delaware, Police Say
- Suspects Hide Inside Northeast Philly Target For Hours Before Stealing $14,000 Worth Of Electronics, Police Say
- Philadelphia’s Parks And Recreation Gives Away Hundreds Of Free Swimsuits To Children
- National Weather Service Issues Rip Current Warning For New Jersey
- New Experimental Therapy Giving Hope For People With Pancreatic Cancer
- AAA Warning Drivers Of Child, Pet Heat-Related Deaths As Temperatures Soar
- Working Moms Have Stronger Memory, Less Risk Of Alzheimer’s Than Non-Working Moms, Study Says
- Former Phillies Pitcher Roy Halladay Went To Rehab For Prescription Drug Addiction, Report Reveals
- Ewing Township Police Officer Charged In Murder Of 3-Month-Old Daughter