PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police are investigating after they say a man was shot and robbed of $70,000 in the parking lot of a supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Bleigh Avenue.
The 37-year-old victim, who police say was carrying $70,000 in cash, was targeted on his way to the bank inside the Pathmark.
Police say he was shot once in the arm. He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects, last seen in a white van, possibly a Dodge Caravan, driving south through the parking lot towards Cottman Avenue.
No arrests have been made at this time and a weapon has not been recovered.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Sea Isle Police Searching To Identify Man Wanted In Aggravated Assault
- New Jersey Weather: Wintry Mix Hits South Jersey As State Of Emergency Remains In Effect Until 6 A.M. Thursday
- 4-Year-Old Boy Dies After Falling Onto Piece Of Glass In North Philadelphia, Police Say
- Delaware State Police Investigating After Trooper Seen On Video Pulling Gun On Driver During Traffic Stop
- Cervical Cancer Could Be Eliminated In Majority Of Countries By 2100, Study Says