PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Police are investigating after they say a man was shot and robbed of $70,000 in the parking lot of a supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Bleigh Avenue.
The 37-year-old victim, who police say was carrying $70,000 in cash, was targeted on his way to the bank inside the Pathmark.
Police say he was shot once in the arm. He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects, last seen in a white van, possibly a Dodge Caravan, driving south through the parking lot towards Cottman Avenue.
No arrests have been made at this time and a weapon has not been recovered.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Police: 34-Year-Old Man Shot Several Times Inside Vehicle In Germantown
- Police Ask For Public’s Assistance Locating Vehicle Wanted In Hit And Run Death Of 5-Year-Old Boy
- Annual 24-Hour Field Day For Nation’s Amateur Radio Operators Underway Through Sunday
- Vigil Held For 5-Year-Old Boy Killed In West Philadelphia Hit And Run
- Planned Parenthood Suing Department Of Health And Human Services Over Changes To Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program