By John Ostapkovich
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — After the successful debut season of the city’s pop-up park, Spruce Street Harbor, ends, it won’t be long until another waterfront attraction returns.
The Blue Cross River Rink is still about three months away from re-opening on the edge of the Delaware River, but for the second year it won’t be alone. Emma Fried-Cassorla, of the Delaware River Waterfront Corporation, says there will be improvements.
“The actual name is called The Lodge at Waterfront Winterfest, and again it’ll be a lot more “ski lodgey” than it was last year, and that’s the theme that we’re working on,” she says. “We had a restaurant and bar last year and we’re really going to be redoing it, so that it’s much cozier and has more activities inside of it.”
Fired-Cassorla says they’re searching for an equivalent to the hammocks which were a big part of the appeal of the Spruce Street Harbor Park.
There will also be an emphasis on firepits, because one of the major things learned is people like to be warm.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Woman Charged In Connection To ATM Explosion At Kensington Beer Distributor
- Paul McCartney Brings ‘The Late Late Show’ Host James Corden To Tears In ‘Carpool Karaoke’
- Kate Spade’s Father Dies Hours Before Her Funeral
- Police: Stolen Vehicle Found Submerged In Cooper River
- SummerFest Heads To Wilmington’s Riverfront