PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say two women were found shot to death inside a home in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. Saturday inside a home along the 4700 block of Vista Street in the city’s Holmesburg neighborhood.
Police say the two women, identified as 67-year-old Dollie Evans and 59-year-old Ruby Thomas, were each shot once in the head. They were both pronounced dead at the scene.
Family and friends of Evans tell CBS3 Eyewitness News that the two women were living together for about two months — and Evans had been receiving death threats, possibly in connection with an ongoing dispute involving her grandson.
Meanwhile, family and friends of both women continue to mourn the loss of the two women they describe as wonderful people:
“My sister, she never bothered a sole,” says Ruby’s brother, Jay Thomas. “She’d come, she’d clean the house, she’d do anything in the world to get by.”
“The homeless or whoever, she helped them,” adds Dollie’s brother, Lloyd Knox about his sister. “You know, took them in – helped them as much as she can.”
Police say they did not recover a weapon and no arrests have been made.
Authorities continue to investigate.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- More Than 600 Children Given Free Eyeglasses Saturday
- Flash Freeze, Wicked Winds Hit The Area As Temps Expected To Drop To Single Digits Monday
- Church Holds Safety Seminar To Teach Public What To Do In An Active Shooter Situation
- Local Politicians React To President Trump’s Proposed Compromise To End Government Shutdown
- Marchers Gather On Benjamin Franklin Parkway For 3rd Annual Women’s March On Philadelphia