BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 22-year-old southern New Jersey man has been arrested after he allegedly gunned down an innocent bystander in a drive-by shooting.
Bridgeton Police Chief Mark Ott said Ralph Peter Jamison was arrested Friday and charged with the death of Quantasia Bessix in Bridgeton on Aug. 11.
Police say Jamison fired several shots at a house and hit Bessix in the back as she tried to run away.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Jamison had an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: 4 Detained In Meth Lab Bust In Montgomery County
- City Of Philadelphia Hosts Festival For World Refugee Day
- Target Looking To Hire 100 Workers For New Northern Liberties Store
- Sisters Turn Their Love Of Jewelry Into A Business
- Delaware Man Accused Of Using Chemical Spray During Fight At McDonald’s