By Tim Jimenez
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A Center City hotel served up some cocktails to benefit canines Tuesday night.
Not a happy hour here at the Loew’s Hotel, but a “Yappy Hour” benefiting Street Tails Animal Rescue from Philadelphia and All 4 Paws Rescue out of Chester County.
“We take dogs from death row from the high-kill shelters. So we’re giving them another chance at life,” says Kristen Geddes, Founder and Executive Director of All 4 Paws.
She had two friends with her.
“This is Macho, he’s a Doberman. One-year-old, he was actually found as a stray in Philadelphia. He had been abused and he’s looking for a home. The other one I have is Kahlua, a five-year-old shepherd mix. She unfortunately was also abused,” says Geddes.
Macho and Kahlua were unavailable for comment, but for more information on the organizations, visit:
You may also be interested in:
- Police: Passerby Finds Skeletal Remains Of Human Body Inside Suitcase In Southwest Philadelphia
- New Jersey Woman Accused Of Faking Terminal Illness While Staying With Family
- Woman On Mission To Return Wedding Ring To Rightful Owner After Finding It While Tubing In Bucks County
- City To Change The Location For Made In America After 2018 Festival
- Delaware DOJ To Demolish Building At James T. Vaughn Correctional Center After Deadly Uprising