By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The woman who calls herself the “Black Madam,” accused of murder in the death of a woman who died from a silicone butt-enhancement injection, has lost a pre-trial motion to present the testimony of satisfied customers at trial, scheduled for next year.
The transgender defendant, who has pleaded not guilty, is in custody, but presented a cheery demeanor in court.
Defense attorney David Rudenstein has argued the testimony of clients who got silicone injections and were happy with the results is critical to the defense to negate the element of malice necessary to prove third degree murder.
According to Rudenstein, Padge-Victoria Windslowe, who he says he expects to testify at trial, had done this procedure on a number of people. She believed what she was doing was safe in her heart and mind and she did not believe she was putting anyone at risk.
But the judge has ruled such testimony is not admissible, saying it’s not relevant to have someone come in and say “I had the procedure and I didn’t get hurt, I didn’t die.”
Windslowe smiled and waved to the prosecutors — greeted them by name — as she entered the courtroom. She indicated several times she wanted to speak, but was dissuaded by her counsel.
And even after losing the motion, she smiled and bid “good day Commonwealth” as she left the courtroom.
Windslowe is charged in the death of 20-year-old Claudia Aderotimi. A witness — a friend of the victim — testified at an earlier hearing that she and Aderotimi came to Philadelphia from England and met the suspect at an airport hotel, where they got the butt enhancement injection.
Almost immediately, the witness said, the victim started to suffer. She had chest pains, trouble breathing, and died hours later.
- 3 Cheers: Giving Special Needs Animals A Chance
- Brotherly Love: ‘Lost’ Hats In Philly, South Jersey Meant For The Homeless
- Police: 2 People Shot In Apparent Road Rage Shooting On I-95 Near Allegheny
- The Met Philadelphia Hosting First Boxing Match Saturday
- Samsung Hopes To Revitalize Market With Latest $2,000 Smartphone
- Sea Isle Police Searching To Identify Man Wanted In Aggravated Assault
- New Jersey Weather: Wintry Mix Hits South Jersey As State Of Emergency Remains In Effect Until 6 A.M. Thursday
- 4-Year-Old Boy Dies After Falling Onto Piece Of Glass In North Philadelphia, Police Say
- Delaware State Police Investigating After Trooper Seen On Video Pulling Gun On Driver During Traffic Stop
- Cervical Cancer Could Be Eliminated In Majority Of Countries By 2100, Study Says