PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Update: Thursday
Jeremy Maclin did not participate in Thursday’s light practice, as he was in shorts and a baseball hat. Maclin’s status for Friday night’s preseason game against the Patriots is still unknown.
Jeremy Maclin missed all of the 2013 season after tearing his ACL before the season, so any Maclin injury news during training camp is scary for Eagles fans.
On Wednesday, Maclin left the rainy practice field in Foxborough after hooking up with Nick Foles for a 40-yard touchdown, according to multiple reports. Maclin did not return for the rest of practice. Afterwards, Maclin addressed reporters revealing he injured his left hamstring.
“It shouldn’t be a big deal,” Maclin told reporters of the injury.
Eagles radio play-by-play announcer, Merrill Reese, echoed those same sentiments Wednesday afternoon on 94WIP Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis.
“It didn’t appear to be anything severe,” Reese said. “I wouldn’t be alarmed.”
Maclin had been playing well against one of the NFL’s top corners, in Darrelle Revis, in the Eagles joint practices with the Patriots. He hopes to play in Friday’s preseason game against the Patriots, but his status remains uncertain.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Ozuna Misses Altherr’s 2-Run 2B In 10th, Phils Top Cards 6-5
- ‘Boardwalk Eats’ At Citizens Bank Park Offering Shore-Themed Menu Items
- Phillies Send Former Closer Hector Neris To Triple-A
- NFL Stadiums To Have Fully Digital Ticket Systems In 2018-19 Season
- This Week In Golf: Brooks Koepka Defends U.S. Open Title At Shinnecock Hills