By Kate Bilo
Another flash flood event for our area, and this time it was Cumberland County in the crosshairs. Over six inches of rain fell tonight in Millville, with almost 3.5″ falling in just one hour. The heavy sheets of rain led to flooding on the roadways, and reports came in of a number of cars stranded on Rt. 47 near Millville and Vineland. Overnight, the heavy rain will continue to push north through New Jersey, with showers and storms also moving through Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs as a cold front moves through.
The showers and storms will continue through early Wednesday morning, but the good news is that the storms will push out by late morning and the rest of the day will feature sunshine and breezy conditions – turning much nicer. Then we’re in a dry and cool spell through the end of the week, with mostly sunny skies and highs near 80 both Thursday and Friday.
WATCH: Kate’s Latest Weather Forecast
You may also be interested in:
- 3 Cheers: Alexa Martir-Rodriguez Overcomes Hurricane, Receives High School Diploma
- Researchers Say Drinking 4 Cups Of Strong Coffee A Day Is Heart Healthy
- Delta Bans ‘Pit Bull-Type’ Dogs
- Police: 5-Year-Old Boy Killed In West Philadelphia Hit-And-Run
- Celebrating 50 Years Of Philadelphia Boys Choir