MOREHEAD CITY, N.C. (CBS) – A woman made a very disturbing discovery while at a McDonald’s in North Carolina. She claims a worker etched a swastika into the bun of her sandwich.
The worker allegedly used butter to create the offensive symbol on the bread.
The female, Charleigh Mattice, says her grandfather fought the Nazis in World War II.
McDonald’s has released a statement apologizing to Mattice for the incident. The restaurant adds that the employee responsible for the offensive symbol has been fired.
Mattice says she will eat at McDonald’s again, as she is a “loyal customer.”
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Delaware Firefighters Return After Week-long Assignment In Storm-Ravaged Carolinas
- 64th Annual Hero Thrill Show Raises Money For Families Of Fallen Police Officers, Firefighters
- World’s Largest Beer Festival Kicks Off In Germany
- Fall Festivals, Including Oktoberfest, Take Over South Street Saturday
- Footage Shows Tornado Tearing Through 2 Canadian Cities