WILDWOOD, N.J., (CBS) – A power outage was reported at the boardwalk in Wildwood, New Jersey.
The incident was reported around 9:15 p.m. Monday.
A spokesperson for Morey’s Piers says a power surge caused a section of Morey’s Surfside Pier to lose power and as a result about 14 rides had to be evacuated, including The Great Nor’easter and a few other moderate thrill rides.
All guests were safely evacuated from the rides without incident.
The spokesperson says power was restored around 10:30 p.m. with a majority of the rides opening for the remainder of the night.
No injuries were reported.
The cause remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in:
- Argentine Authorities Foil Drug Gang, Seize Drugs In Fake World Cup Trophies
- GoFundMe Campaign Seeks To Help Va. Restaurant That Kicked Out White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders
- ‘Check Your Facts’: NJ Business Mistaken For Va. Restaurant That Ousted White House Press Secretary
- Prince William Visits Middle East For Historical Non-Political Trip
- Police: 2 Dead After High-Speed Crash Sends Car Airborne, Off Roadway Into Trees