PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — It may not be the highlight you’d expect to see in Michael Carter-Williams’ reel, but it may be the most interesting of them all. The Sixers point guard hit a home run on Sunday off of basketball legend Magic Johnson.
The two point guards took part in the Jeffrey Osborne Celebrity Softball Classic over the weekend. The game took place in Pawtucket, RI and served as a fundraiser for the Osborne Foundation and the Pawtucket Red Sox Charitable Trust. Johnson and Carter-Williams were two of the nearly 50 athletes and celebrities to take part in the charity game.
Carter-Williams got his opportunity to stand in against Johnson and he did not let his chance go to waste. He even shared the moment with us via his Instagram account.
Johnson was a good sport about the home run and posed for a picture with Carter-Williams that the young point guard will cherish forever.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Phillies Smack 4 Home Runs To Beat Mets 7-5
- Houston Rockets To Pursue Sign-And-Trade For Jimmy Butler, Reports Say
- Kansas City Radio Host Slammed For Seeming To Reference Andy Reid’s Son Who Died From Drug Overdose
- Flyers Mascot Surprises 7-Year-Old Super Fan Who Has Gritty-Themed Prosthetic Legs
- Phillies Explode For 13 Runs Vs. Mets To Snap 7-Game Losing Skid