PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police say the driver of a cab is dead after he lost control of his taxi and crashed Friday morning in the Cobbs Creek section of Philadelphia.
This happened around 7:30 a.m. along the Cobbs Creek Parkway near Spruce Street.
Police say the 67-year-old cabbie drove off the roadway and crashed into the side of a house. He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was pronounced dead at 8:32 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Ex-Girlfriend Following North Philadelphia Barricade Situation
- Goats Used To Reduce Wildfire Risk In Colorado By Eating Leaves
- Police: Man Traveling To Jamaica Caught With 42 Bags Of Heroin At Philadelphia International Airport
- Border Patrol Agents Are Stopping People On New England Highways To Check Their Citizenship
- Suspects Plead Guilty In Murder Of Philadelphia Police Sgt. Robert Wilson III
- Video: Kangaroo Interrupts, Delays Australian Soccer Match
- Woman Dubbed As ‘Permit Patty’ Threatens To Call Police On 8-Year-Old Girl Selling Water For Disneyland Trip
- Zsa Zsa, The English Bulldog, Wins World’s Ugliest Dog Title
- Father Fatally Shot While Camping With Two Young Daughters At State Park
- Coast Guard On Heightened Alert After Plane Lands On Cape May Beach, Pilot Seen Running Away