PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a suspected drunk driver that occurred early Friday morning in Northeast Philadelphia.
Investigators say a woman traveling south on Academy Road right behind the Northeast Airport around 3 a.m. lost of her car, jumped a curb, struck a male pedestrian and then slammed into a utility pole, knocking it to the ground.
The male pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspected DUI driver is being tested and medically evaluated. Investigators say possible DUI charges are pending.
Academy Road remains closed between Morrell and Grant Avenue.
- Ocean Resort Casino, Formerly Revel, Gets Casino License
- World’s First Robot-Assisted Spinal Surgery Performed In Philadelphia
- Scientists May Have Found Way To Hack Into Brain To Boost Memories
- Sheriff’s Office Helping Catalog Hundreds Of Human Remains Found In Old City
- Police: Woman Stabbed To Death In North Philadelphia
- Philadelphia’s School Reform Commission Holds Last Meeting After Voting To Abolish Itself
- Several Immigrant Children Separated From Families Housed By Camden Agency
- Melania Trump Wears ‘I Really Don’t Care. Do U?’ Jacket Ahead Of Texas Border Facility Visit
- Prosecutor: Teacher’s Facebook Post Prevented More Deaths, Injuries In Trenton Mass Shooting
- A Child’s Anguish Meets America’s Indifference On New TIME Cover