PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Pennsylvania Attorney General announced a Philadelphia man has been charged with distributing child pornography.
Fifty-three-year-old William Bairstow, of Northeast Philadelphia, was arrested on July 25 following an undercover investigation.
Agents identified a computer on a peer-to-peer network sharing media files believed to be child pornography. The computer’s IP address, which was allegedly making the files available, was traced to Bairstow.
Agents later discovered several thousand videos and images on Bairstow’s computer containing the suspect pornography.
He has been charged with 300 counts of possession of child pornography, one count of distribution and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
He was released on $50,000, 10 percent bail and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for August 14.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Murphy Urging Trenton To Continue All-Night Arts Festival Following Deadly Shooting
- Ed Rendell Announces He’s Battling Parkinson’s Disease
- Police ID 2 Victims Killed In Delaware Father’s Day Shooting; $10,000 Reward Offered
- Bill To Name Bog Turtle New Jersey State Reptile Signed
- Meek Mill On Hearing: ‘I Feel Like What Went On In The Courtroom Today Is Disgraceful’