PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Eagles safety Chris Maragos won a Super Bowl with the Seattle Seahawks last season. He signed with the Eagles in March and recently said there was one team Seattle definitely did not want to see in their quest for a championship.
“The Eagles, for sure,” Maragos told BleedingGreenNation.com. That was the one team we didn’t want to play. We were always talking in the locker room and we felt like, man, they’re young, they’re hungry, they’re coming on strong with what they’re doing… It was one of those deals where we were like that’s a team that, you know, it’s one of those trap teams that sneak up on you and do some great things. They’re young, talented, aggressive, and one of the teams that we thought were really dangerous.”
Chip Kelly’s fast-paced offense was one of the main reasons the Seahawks wanted no part of the Birds.
“We were looking at the Eagles going, man, this is new stuff,” Maragos continued. “They’re flying around, these guys are playing fast, they’re putting up points, just a lot of energy going on around there. So that was one of the teams we didn’t quite have a good handle on.”
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Stream The Travelers Championship
- ‘Class Act’: Former Phillies Superstar Ryan Howard Surprises Middle Township Police Officers
- Eagles Fan Gets Thrill Of Lifetime When Jon Dorenbos Pulls Him Onstage, Lets Him Wear Super Bowl Ring
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: Baseball Takes Over
- 2018 NBA Draft: Wheeling-And-Dealing Brett Brown Confuses Sixers Nation