By Kim Glovas
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A viewing was held Wednesday evening for the woman shot and killed at Mercy Fitzgerald Wellness Center last week.
The viewing for 53-year-old Theresa Hunt was held at the John Stretch Funeral Home in Havertown. Hunt was shot by a psychiatric patient inside the Wellness Center last Thursday. She was his mental health case worker. Among those attending the viewing was John McBlain, a Delaware County Council member. He says this has never happened in the county before.
“Thank Goodness, No. And God forbid it ever happens again. But here’s a person that just was doing her job, went to work. part of her job was to help people with disabilities for far less money than they should get, and it’s a dire consequence,” McBlain said.
The burial will take place in Hancock, New York.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Survey: 44 Percent Of Americans Would Consider Career Move For Pet-Friendly Workplace
- Alleged Gunman Radee Prince Gets 40 Years In Prison For Maryland, Delaware Shootings
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed In Levittown On US Route 13
- Police: 3 People Trapped, Injured After Car Hit Pole In Camden
- New York Terror Suspect Invokes ‘Allah,’ Faces 28 Federal Charges