ATLANTIC CITY (CBS) — An investigation by the New Jersey State Police Casino Gaming Bureau resulted in the arrest of five suspects in connection with an armed robbery at Caesars Hotel and Casino.
The suspects, identified as Dwayne Morgan, 20, of Pleasantville, Izyiah Plummer, 19, of Atlantic City, Monique Kelly, 19, of Pleasantville, Aaron Evans, 23, of Pleasantville, and Lance Rogers, 20, of Atlantic City, were arrested over the past several days.
On July 21, two men wearing masks robbed security personnel at gunpoint of two boxes containing money from inside the casino. The suspects then fled in a dark-colored sedan.
Following up on leads, detectives obtained search warrants for residences in Atlantic City and Pleasantville. Investigators recovered a large portion of the money and some clothing believed to have been worn by the suspects during the crime.
Authorities say each of the individuals arrested have charges ranging from robbery, aggravated assault, weapons offenses and receiving stolen property.
Stay with CBSPhilly for more details as they become available…
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Man Arrested In Connection To 4-Alarm Fire That Devoured Thrifty Irishman In Port Richmond, Authorities Say
- ‘This Has To End’: Philadelphians Fed Up With Rampant Gun Violence, Vouch To Be Changemakers
- 15-Year-Old Boy Shot In Face By Suspect Riding Bicycle In Overbrook, Police Say
- Delaware, New Jersey Among 6 Fastest-Warming States, Research Shows
- Cancer Treatment Centers Of America Building Cancer Patients Back Up With Imagery Recovery Center