PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – According to a salary survey on CareerBuilder.com, asking your boss for a raise actually works. Well, most of the time.
The research says that 56 percent of employees have never asked for a raise, but those workers who did ask had a success rate of 66 percent.
The success rate is pretty much the same for male and female workers, but women are reportedly less likely to ask for a raise compared to men.
To see the full survey, click here.
Did you ever ask your employer for a raise? Tell us on the CBS Philly Facebook page.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘Grow’: Facebook Quietly Launches High-End ‘Magazine’
- Goats Used To Reduce Wildfire Risk In Colorado By Eating Leaves
- Border Patrol Agents Are Stopping People On New England Highways To Check Their Citizenship
- Video: Kangaroo Interrupts, Delays Australian Soccer Match
- Woman Dubbed As ‘Permit Patty’ Threatens To Call Police On 8-Year-Old Girl Selling Water For Disneyland Trip