TUNKHANNOCK, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say Philadelphia-area man drowned after falling off a boat after watching fireworks at a northeastern Pennsylvania lake over the weekend.
Officials in Wyoming County say 56-year-old Paul Hubner of Quakertown was with a half-dozen other people watching the annual display at Lake Carey when he went overboard from the back of the boat at about 12:20 a.m. Sunday.
Deputy Coroner Eric Kukuchka said the victim’s body was found in about 30 feet of water shortly after 10:30 a.m. Sunday and he was pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy was planned to determine the cause and manner of death.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- SHINE Celebrates 1 Year Of Feeding Underprivileged Community Members
- Fans Gather On South Street To Watch World Cup Final And Super Bowl Replay
- GoFundMe Campaign Seeks To Bring ‘Trump Baby’ Balloon To President’s New Jersey Golf Club
- Former Flyers Goalie Ray Emery Tragically Dies At 35
- Homeland Security Chief Says Agency Ready To Prevent Russian Interference In Midterm Elections