PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Domonic Brown homered, doubled and drove in three runs to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 9-5 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night.
Grady Sizemore had three hits, including the 1,000th of his career, with a double and an RBI for Philadelphia, which had a rare offensive outburst.
The Phillies, who entered 12th in the NL in runs, scored at least nine for the eighth time this season and improved to 10-0 when reaching eight runs.
Kyle Kendrick (5-10) allowed three runs and six hits in 5 2-3 innings. It was the first win for Kendrick in his eighth career start against the Diamondbacks, giving the right-hander a victory over every NL team.
Alfredo Marte hit his first career homer, a grand slam, and Aaron Hill had three hits for Arizona.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Ozuna Misses Altherr’s 2-Run 2B In 10th, Phils Top Cards 6-5
- ‘Boardwalk Eats’ At Citizens Bank Park Offering Shore-Themed Menu Items
- Phillies Send Former Closer Hector Neris To Triple-A
- NFL Stadiums To Have Fully Digital Ticket Systems In 2018-19 Season
- This Week In Golf: Brooks Koepka Defends U.S. Open Title At Shinnecock Hills