PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Washington Redskins began training camp on Thursday, which means it was the first practice as a Redskin for former Eagles star wideout, DeSean Jackson. Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, who looks to bounce back from somewhat of a down “sophomore” season, already sounds confident in the success he will have with his new teammate, saying him and Jackson will “make dynamic plays.”
Jackson, 27, is coming off the best season of his career (82 catches, 1,332 yards, and nine touchdowns) despite being released by the Eagles. Contrary to reports, Eagles coach Chip Kelly said Jackson was not a problem for him and the team simply decided to go in a different direction.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- 2018 NBA Draft: Wheeling-And-Dealing Brett Brown Confuses Sixers Nation
- World’s First Robot-Assisted Spinal Surgery Performed In Philadelphia
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Villanova’s Mikal Bridges, Donte DiVincenzo, Omari Spellman, Jalen Brunson Get Picked
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Twitter Erupts After Sixers Select, Trade Nova’s Mikal Bridges
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Sixers Select And Trade Villanova’s Mikal Bridges To Suns For Texas Tech’s Zhaire Smith