By Ray Boyd
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — LeSean McCoy is definitely not bashful. The Eagles’ running back declared earlier in the offseason that he is the best running back in the NFL today. According to EA Sports and Madden 15, that is not the case.
The next installment of the popular video game franchise will hit shelves later this year and if you’re looking to play with the game’s best running back, you’ll have to select the Minnesota Vikings. Adrian Peterson received an overall rating of 98 out of 100 and took the spot as the game’s top running back all to himself.
McCoy was just edged out and received a rating of 97. Joining him at 97 was Jamaal Charles of the Kansas City Chiefs. Matt Forte of the Bears and Marshawn Lynch of the Seahawks finish the top with 95 ratings.
Peterson still managed to maintain the top running back spot despite falling one point from the 99 rating he received last year.
Ratings for the Madden game are not merely opinions of the makers. They are determined through film review and advanced statistics that pump out ratings across a range of attributes for a player based on their position.
McCoy should still be encouraged when it comes to comparing him to Peterson. McCoy ranked at 93 on last season’s game so the four point leap is a very good trend for McCoy. Perhaps Madden’s next installment will finally validate McCoy’s claim as the best running back in the NFL.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- 2018 NBA Draft: Wheeling-And-Dealing Brett Brown Confuses Sixers Nation
- World’s First Robot-Assisted Spinal Surgery Performed In Philadelphia
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Villanova’s Mikal Bridges, Donte DiVincenzo, Omari Spellman, Jalen Brunson Get Picked
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Twitter Erupts After Sixers Select, Trade Nova’s Mikal Bridges
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Sixers Select And Trade Villanova’s Mikal Bridges To Suns For Texas Tech’s Zhaire Smith