PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Sources tell Eyewitness News that Philadelphia police are questioning two men Friday night in connection with an elderly couple found dead in their home.
Crime scene investigators dressed in protective gear enter the Strawberry Mansion home of Algladis and Rufus Perry. Investigators remove evidence from their house two days after their bodies were discovered.
The couple’s daughter, checking on her parents earlier Thursday morning, found them dead in their living room on North Spangler Street (see previous story).
“My father, he don’t bother nobody. They stay to themselves,” she said.
Sources tell Eyewitness News homicide detectives are now involved.
Meanwhile, a memorial sits outside the family’s home. Family members are still shaken and looking for answers. They can’t imagine how this could have happened.
No arrests have been made at this time, but police say this is still a very active investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- South Philadelphia Native Appearing On Kevin Hart’s ‘TKO: Total Knock Out’ On CBS3 Tonight
- ‘Failure On The Mayor’s Part’: Jay-Z Fires Back At Kenney Over Made In America Festival’s Location Change
- Some Jersey Shore Boardwalk Games Not Fair, Reveals State Inspections
- Police Investigation Shuts Down Allegheny Avenue Exit On I-95 Northbound
- Neighbors Smelled Odor Coming From Building Where Man’s Body Found Wrapped In Tarp