ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK, NJ (CBS) – The Coast Guard has suspended their search for a 25-year-old man who was reported missing while swimming at a New Jersey beach.
The 25-year-old swimmer reportedly went missing around 11:50 a.m. on Friday at Island Beach State Park.
Officials say they were told it was the man’s first time swimming in the ocean. He is described as Caucasian with dark hair and was wearing red shorts.
The Coast Guard suspended their search after searching for six hours, covering more than 17 square miles with several Coast Guard boats, local responders and a helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Station in Atlantic City.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Suspect Wanted In Road Rage Crash That Left Man Critically Injured
- Police: 5-Year-Old Boy Killed In West Philadelphia Hit-And-Run
- Camden Jail Employee Loses Job After Calling Out Sick From Las Vegas
- New Jersey Becomes Second State In Nation To Ban Underage Marriage
- Consumer Group Warns Parents About Most Dangerous Summer Toys For Children