PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Sixers dropped their second consecutive NBA Summer League game. The team fell 97-88 to the Phoenix Suns on Monday night. The team is now 1-2 in the Samsung NBA Summer League after winning the Orlando Pro Summer League title.
The Sixers were a bit shorthanded against the Suns. Nerlens Noel, K.J. McDaniels (ankle) and Casper Ware all sat the game out.
The Sixers were led by Jordan McRae who scored 21 points and knocked down three of four shots from long range. The second round pick out of Tennessee was forced to leave the game early with a left ankle sprain.
Adonis Thomas chipped in with 15 points and Jerami Grant registered nine points and seven rebounds off the bench.
The Suns were paced by rookie T.J. Warren who scored 28 points and snatched 11 rebounds. Former Temple Owl Dionte Christmas came off the bench for the Suns and tallied 15 points.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: Baseball Takes Over
- 2018 NBA Draft: Wheeling-And-Dealing Brett Brown Confuses Sixers Nation
- World’s First Robot-Assisted Spinal Surgery Performed In Philadelphia
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Villanova’s Mikal Bridges, Donte DiVincenzo, Omari Spellman, Jalen Brunson Get Picked
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Twitter Erupts After Sixers Select, Trade Nova’s Mikal Bridges