CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Deshorn Brown scored the tying goal in the 86th minute as the Colorado Rapids rallied for a 3-3 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Brown turned on his man and riffled in a left-footed shot to the lower right-hand corner for his sixth goal of the season.
Andrew Wenger gave Philadelphia a 3-1 lead in the 74th minute when he touched in a deflected ball in the 6-yard box. But Dillon Powers converted a penalty kick five minutes later for Colorado. Michael Lahoud was handed a red card on the play for a high kick.
Conor Casey got Philadelphia (4-8-7) on the board after redirecting a cross in the 16th minute. But Colorado (7-5-6) answered two minutes later on Dillon Serna’s goal from the top of the 18-yard box.
Sheanon Williams headed home a corner kick in the 31st minute to give Philadelphia a 2-1 lead at the break.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Phillies Defeat Nationals 5-3
- Herrera Homers Again, Phillies Rout Nationals 12-2
- NHL DRAFT 2018: Flyers Select Joel Farabee With 14th Overall Pick
- Brett Brown Favors ‘Star Hunting’ Over Nova’s Bridges Playing For Hometown Sixers
- Stream The Travelers Championship
- ‘Class Act’: Former Phillies Superstar Ryan Howard Surprises Middle Township Police Officers
- Eagles Fan Gets Thrill Of Lifetime When Jon Dorenbos Pulls Him Onstage, Lets Him Wear Super Bowl Ring
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: Baseball Takes Over
- 2018 NBA Draft: Wheeling-And-Dealing Brett Brown Confuses Sixers Nation
- 2018 NBA DRAFT: Villanova’s Mikal Bridges, Donte DiVincenzo, Omari Spellman, Jalen Brunson Get Picked