WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) – Two men have been charged with attempted murder and related charges after shots were fired at an undercover police vehicle Monday afternoon. (See Previous Story)
Police also believe the vehicle was involved in a previous shots fired incident.
The shooting occurred around 12:45 p.m. Monday when an undercover officer began to following a silver Buick traveling at a high rate of speed. As the officer was trailing the vehicle, an occupant fired several shots, striking the passenger side window.
Shortly after, the suspect’s vehicle crashed into a parked car in the 2800 block of N. West Street. Three occupants fled the scene on foot.
Police caught up with Sirair Bailey and Troy Faison after a brief foot pursuit. The third suspect managed to get away.
Authorities say Sirair Bailey and Troy Faison are both convicted felons with previous weapons offenses. Sirair Bailey was committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Institution in lieu of $950,000 cash bail. Troy Faison was also committed in lieu of $810,000 cash bail.
Police are still searching for the third suspect.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Murphy Urging Trenton To Continue All-Night Arts Festival Following Deadly Shooting
- Ed Rendell Announces He’s Battling Parkinson’s Disease
- Police ID 2 Victims Killed In Delaware Father’s Day Shooting; $10,000 Reward Offered
- Bill To Name Bog Turtle New Jersey State Reptile Signed
- Meek Mill On Hearing: ‘I Feel Like What Went On In The Courtroom Today Is Disgraceful’