MT LAUREL, NJ (CBS) – New Jersey State Police say a trooper was involved in a shooting incident in Mount Laurel Monday while attempting to make an arrest during an investigation behind a motel on Route 73.
The incident was reported around 2:30 p.m. behind the Aloft Hotel on Route 73 and Fellowship Road.
Police say the person, who is now under arrest, was shot in the arm. Several troopers received minor injuries and were treated and released.
Police say as per normal protocols, the shooting is being investigated by the Attorney General’s Shooting Response Team.
Further details were not immediately available.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: 5-Year-Old Boy Killed In West Philadelphia Hit-And-Run
- Camden Jail Employee Loses Job After Calling Out Sick From Las Vegas
- New Jersey Becomes Second State In Nation To Ban Underage Marriage
- Consumer Group Warns Parents About Most Dangerous Summer Toys For Children
- Power Outage In Center City Area Following Reported Explosion That Injured 1