Despite the USMNT’s devastating World Cup loss to Belgium in Tuesday’s World Cup knockout round, goalkeeper Tim Howard was named the ‘man of the match’ and is being hailed an American hero.READ MORE: $35 Million In Federal COVID-19 Relief Coming To Aid Of New Jersey Bars, Restaurants
Howard had 16 saves, the most during a World Cup game in 50 years, and he’s only the third player to win man of the match while on a losing team. Someone even temporarily changed the Wikipedia entry for U.S. Secretary of Defense to ‘Tim Howard’. We think it should have stayed up a bit longer.
So it’s really no surprise the social media world exploded after his stellar performance. Here are the top eleven #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave we found on Twitter.
11. An unhappy baby daddy?
10. Our Fear Of Swimming In The Oceanhttps://twitter.com/heyfrase/status/484315308816347136
9. The Titanic
8. Childrens’ Innoncence
7. Ned Stark’s LifeSeven Dead Puppies Found On Entrance Ramp To Route 55 In Vineland
6. The Mesozoic Erahttps://twitter.com/yahboyjimmyn/status/484334078007590912
5. Lebron From Lance Stephenson
4. Peyton Manning’s Pride
3. Taylor Swift From Kanye West
2. Janet Jackson’s Dignity
1. Luis Suarez From Himself
So, the U.S. lost the game, but Howard won the internet and the hearts of America.Delaware County Community College To Host Large-Scale COVID-19 Vaccination Site Beginning Saturday