PHILADELPHIA, PA(CBS) — Prior to tonight’s game, the Phillies have placed Carlos Ruiz on the seven day disabled list due to concussion-like symptoms. The team has called-up catcher Koyie Hill from triple-A Lehigh Valley to take Ruiz’s spot on the roster.
Ruiz was struck in the head by a pitch in the 11th inning of the Phillies’ 5-3 extra-inning win over the Marlins.
Hill comes up having batted .240 with three home runs and 17 RBI for the IronPigs this season. In a related move, the Phillies designated outfielder Zach Collier for assignment to make room for Hill on the 40-man roster.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- World’s First Robot-Assisted Spinal Surgery Performed In Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Flyers Release 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule
- #PhillyWantsLeBron Banners Fly High In New York Ahead Of NBA Draft
- Phillie Phanatic Injures Woman After She Was Shot In Face By Hot Dog Launcher During Game
- NFL Players Respond To President Trump’s Request For Names Of People To Pardon