By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- University Of Delaware Student Blows Away Crowd With Incredible Voice At Michael Bublé Concert
- New Scam Warning As Con Artists Pretending To Be Officers From Social Security Administration
- ‘Sign Harper’: Fans Have Message For Phillies Near Cherry Hill Water Main Break
- Teen Gunned Down In Burst Of Gunfire In North Philadelphia; Bystander Nearly Hit
- Wawa Employees Bitten, Maced While Suspects Try To Steal Snacks, Say Police