By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- 52-Year-Old Man Killed In 2-Vehicle Accident During Thursday’s Winter Storm
- Councilwoman Cindy Bass Host Turkey Giveaway At Nicetown Court
- 2 Men Pose As PGW Workers, Steal Several Thousand Dollars From Couple
- Vehicle Strikes, Kills 27-Month-Old Girl In YMCA Parking Lot: Police
- Hundreds Of Counter-Protesters Descend On ‘We The People’ Rally At Independence Mall