By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Julie Chen Leaves ‘The Talk’ Amid Husband Les Moonves’ Sex Misconduct Allegations
- Partial House Collapse Under Investigation In Logan Section Of Philadelphia
- Flooding Blocking Left Lane On I-95 At Betsy Ross Bridge
- Man Caught Shaving On Train In Viral Video Says Don’t Judge
- ‘Crystal Clear’: Mark D’Amico Says Answers Coming In Johnny Bobbitt GoFundMe Case