By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Driver Arrested Months After Being Rescued From Burning Car In Westtown Township
- Philly Officer Injured Trying To Break Up Fight
- Police: 10-Year-Old Boy Injured After Kids Throw Liquor Bottle Into Family Van
- New Jersey Considers Honoring Chef Bourdain With Food Trail
- Canada’s Senate Legalizes Recreational Marijuana