By Steve Beck, Al Novack
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Southwest Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 5 a.m. on 65th Street near Woodland Avenue.
According to investigators, a male pedestrian was crossing the street when he was struck by a car.
The male was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
Investigators say the driver stayed at the scene and assisted police in the investigation.
The deadly incident remains under investigation.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Eagles Quarterback Nick Foles Wins ESPY For Best Championship Performance
- Teens Jump From Second-Story Window To Escape Fire In Lawndale, Say Witnesses
- Bruce Springsteen Surprises Audience At Billy Joel Concert
- Study: Caffeine Isn’t Effective Weight Loss Aid
- Study: Tanning Bed Addictions More Likely When Used At Gym