WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) – The Camden County Prosecutor and Waterford Police Chief announced a New Jersey woman was arrested for arson Sunday night.
Twenty-eight-year-old Jonna Rutterow has been charged with 2nd degree aggravated arson for allegedly starting a fire at a home she shared with her boyfriend in the 900 block of Old White Horse Pike.
Rutterow is accused of using lighter fluid as an accelerant in the bedroom of the home. When police responded Sunday night, flames were already visible through the roof.
Inside the home was significantly damaged by the blaze.
Rutterow’s boyfriend thought she may have still been inside of the home, so police began searching for her. Five hours after officers arrived, Rutterow walked out of the woods near the property where she was hiding.
Neighbors told police the couple had a domestic dispute earlier that day, but police were not called for that incident.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Authorities Investigating 4 Explosive Device Detonations At Philadelphia Businesses In Last Two Weeks
- SEPTA Considers Major Updates Including New Routes
- Philadelphia City Council Passes Sodium Warning Bill
- World’s First Robot-Assisted Spinal Surgery Performed In Philadelphia
- Ocean Resort Casino, Formerly Revel, Gets Casino License