BENSALEM, Pa. (CBS) – The investigation into a fire at a Bensalem business is underway.

At approximately 4:50 p.m., a person believed to be an electrician was working on an electrical panel box inside the Adams Carpet in Bensalem when an explosion occurred.

The male, who is in his 40s, was engulfed in flames and ran towards the front of the store, where the carpet caught fire.

An employee tried to help the victim, who was flown to Temple Burn Center and is in extremely critical condition with burns on over 80% of his body.

The employee suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hands and arms and was taken to Aria Torresdale Hospital.