• KYW News 4:30-7am
    04:00 AM - 07:00 AM
By Amy Feldman

By Amy E. Feldman

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – So you are a student going to college in a state other than your home state. In which state do you vote for the November election?

As an out-of-state student, you have a choice of where to vote. You may either vote in the state in which your college is located, or you may vote by absentee ballot in your home state.

Obviously, you may not vote in more than one place. That means that if you previously registered in your home state, if you choose to register where you are attending college you must include your prior voter registration address in the registration application so the previous registration may be voided. And remember that, depending on your state, you may need to take your ID with you to the polls.

If you are a first time voter, congratulations. It may not seem as exciting as first getting your driver’s license or taking your first (legal) drink, but it may well be more important.

Watch & Listen LIVE