By Mike Dougherty

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Philadelphia district attorney’s office has withdrawn rape charges against five boys accused of attacking a girl at a recreation center last month.

READ MORE: Trial Starts Monday For Gilbert Newton III, Philadelphia Teen Accused Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend Morgan McCaffrey

Saying there isn’t enough evidence to “pursue charges in this case,” the district attorney has decided to withdraw sexual assault and other charges against the boys, all 14 and 15 years old.

READ MORE: Philadelphia Seniors Treated To Night Out, Musical At Walnut Street Theatre

They were accused of rape by a 12-year-old girl who told investigators they lured her into a stairwell and attacked her at the Francis Myers recreation center in the Kingsessing section of the city on July 16th, all while more than 50 people were in the building for basketball games and various other activities (see related stories).

MORE NEWS: Police Searching For Gunmen After Shots Fired Near Chester High School Football Game

In a statement, the DA’s office says after a continued and thorough investigation, charges were withdrawn.