PHILADELPHIA (CBS) At least two people were killed overnight as a result of severe weather conditions along I-95 in Bucks County, according to police.

READ MORE: Father Of 18-Year-Old Killed In Sand Collapse On Toms River Beach Shares Message Remembering Son

A car traveling southbound along I-95 in Bristol Township landed on the Pennsylvania Turnpike around 3:30 Sunday morning. Police said the driver of a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero, 25-year-old Richard Nagbe of Upper Darby, lost control due to icy road conditions. The vehicle struck the guiderail before breaking through it and rolling down the embankment at the right of the roadway. The car ended up landing on the Pennsylvania Turnpike westbound.

Police said Nagbe and one of his passengers, 31-year-old Dehkontee Kpou of Philadelphia, were pronounced dead at the scene. The other two passengers, 33-year-old Emmanuel Ninwillay and 23-year-old Giftens George, both of Philadelphia, were transported to St. Mary Medical Center with injuries.

The circumstances surrounding the accident remain under investigation.

State police out of Philadelphia said they responded to at least 60 accidents between 7 p.m. Saturday and 3 a.m. Sunday. Early Sunday morning, exits 37 to 40 on I-95 were closed due to multiple accidents. The area was later reopened to traffic.

READ MORE: PPA Adding Patrols To Monitor Illegally Parked Cars In Bike Lanes Amid Growing Number Of Bicyclists Killed In Philly

Eyewitness News spotted James Cassidy along I-95. He says he was traveling southbound but after hitting a patch of ice Sunday morning, his truck spun out of control before landing in a grassy median, facing the opposite direction.

“I was traveling at a normal speed and then all of the sudden, I hit this wall,” said Cassidy.

Taxi driver Selekie Komala was on his way home from work. But as he was traveling on the Academy Road off ramp, near 95, he like so many overnight, lost control.

Reported By Jericka Duncan, CBS 3

MORE NEWS: Dirt Bike Rider Wanted In Hit-And-Run That Left Teenager Dead, Philadelphia Police Say