Welcome Home 2012 Troops Parade
Each year for the last 20 years, local veterans have organized welcome home ceremonies in the Borough of Media in Delaware County, PA. This year, Talk Radio 1210 and host Dom Giordano have partnered with Media Mayor Bob McMahon to organize a parade to salute and thank our Delaware Valley service men and women returning from recent deployments in the Middle East.
The parade will be held on April 28th from 3p-5p over a several block area in downtown Media to host thousands of attendees, active military, and veterans. Talk Radio 1210 and Dom Giordano will broadcast LIVE during the parade.
The parade is scheduled to begin at 3pm with a Vietnam Veteran’s motorcycle procession at the intersection of South Edgemont and East State Street followed by marching bands and our veterans. They will march westward along State Street to Orange Street. Make a right on to Orange, march toward West Front Street. Parade will make a right on to West Front Street and continue to the Media Courthouse on Veterans Square for the flag passing.
Veterans Outreach/Career Awareness Fair 12-5 PM on the Courthouse lawn at Front Street
Welcome Home 2012 supports returning veterans in the following ways:
- WELCOME HOME-Flag Passing Ceremony
The Flag passing ceremony is our way of saying that your service will always be remembered and future generations of troops will always be welcomed home.
- VETERANS OUTREACH and CAREER AWARENESS
To address employment issues for returning vets the Outreach Committee will connect veterans, their dependents, and/or their survivors with county, state and federal benefits, services and programs.
- IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN HISTORY INITIATIVE
V-NEP is developing a comprehensive educational package addressing theIraq war, theAfghanistan war, and the role of the military advisor for classrooms and citizens around the nation. Available in classrooms: 2012-2013.
Representatives will be present from:
- DelawareCountyVeterans Liaison
- The Philadelphia Veterans Multi-Service & Education Center, Inc.
- IraqandAfghanistanVeterans ofAmerica(IAVA)
- Veterans Liaisons from the offices of: Senator Casey, Senator Toomey, Congressman Brady, Congressman Meehan, and Senator Pileggi
- Organizations hiring veterans: (i.e. Secret Service recruiters, UPS, Cigna, Ford Motors, Riddle Memorial, and many more!)
For more information visit: www.welcomehome2012.org.
brought to you by: