By Mike DeNardo PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An Elkins Park doctor today was sentenced to jail time for running what the feds call a “pill mill” out of his South Philadelphia office. Dr. Richard Minicozzi, 79, […]
A 79-year-old Philadelphia doctor has been sentenced to prison for dealing drugs. Authorities say he wrote tens of thousands of sham prescriptions for frequently abused drugs.
Prescription drug abuse is an epidemic, and especially bad in Pennsylvania. uthorities say it’s striking a growing number of families in the suburbs.
While it will take weeks to determine exactly what took her life, one thing is certain: prescription drug abuse in this country is a growing problem.
Dr. Harris Newman waived his preliminary hearing and was held for trial on charges that include prescribing controlled substances in bad faith and delivery of a controlled substance.
Delaware State Police have charged three people with drug offenses in the illegal distribution of
prescription pills in Kent County.
- Health: Study Shows Facebook Initiative To Boost Organ Donation Registration Worked
- NJ Health Officials Advise Residents Of Coyote Sightings
- City Will Use New Cigarette Tax, Not Tax Hike On Bar Drinks, For School Funding
- SPCA Dogs Bring Welcome Stress-Free Moments To Local Hospital Workers
- Summer Activities Offered For Schoolkids Throughout Philadelphia's Historic District
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...