One of the many outdoor hockey games on tap for Citizens Bank Park next week will be a college battle between 14-2 Penn State and 7-3 Neumann University on January 4th.
The dasher boards are up and extra seats have been installed, as Citizens Bank Park gets ready to host hockey’s “Winter Classic” on January 2nd.
Today I sat down for lunch with Former Flyer Eric Lindros to talk about the state of the game and the leagues growing number of concussions.
Danny Briere, Wayne Simmonds and Scott Hartnell each scored to lift the Philadelphia Flyers to a 3-2 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday night.
The Philadelphia Flyers will play host to the New York Rangers in the Winter Classic, and will open their season at Stanley Cup-champion Boston.
So how great would it be to have the Winter Classic here in Philly? Nothing has been finalized, but published reports say it’s going to happen and it’s going to happen at Citizens Bank Park.
The NHL’s Winter Classic is expected to be in Philadelphia in 2012, and Flyers fans are all for it.
Chris talks to Steve Cordasco about oil prices on Finance Friday, Daily News Columnist Will Bunch about the Skylar Kauffman case and global warming, CBS 3′s Beasley Reece about Chase Utley and the Phillies series in Atlanta, and Congressman Bob Brady about his briefing and viewing of the Osama bin Laden death photos.
According to multiple sources, the Philadelphia Flyers will host the New York Rangers in the 2012 Winter Classic at Citizen’s Bank Park on January 2nd.
There’s a buzz about hockey’s outdoor Winter Classic possibly being held in Philadelphia next year.
- New Pantry Program Provides Fresh, Healthy Food To Those In Need
- Man In Critical Condition After Port Richmond Stabbing
- Christie Can Set NJ Election Date, Lawyers Argue
- Philadelphia Man Finds Sinkhole Filled With Green Ooze
- Sea Isle City Residents Prove They’re Stronger Than Sandy As Rebuilding Efforts Continue
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion