Villa St. Joseph
It was a rough year for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, which had to sell off several valuable properties including the archbishop’s residence and a seashore villa, lay off employees, and fold the “Catholic Standard and Times” newspaper.
“No one really knows what it’s worth,” says an official of the auction company, “but by putting it up for auction, exposing it to the market, we let the buyers tell us.”
Hundreds of people waited in line, yesterday, for a chance to see the inside of a beachfront villa that has been a vacation house for retired Catholic priests for the last 50 years.
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is auctioning off a sprawling beachfront villa in New Jersey to help close a $17 million deficit.
Beloved Cardinal John Foley, who served two popes in the Vatican and provided the commentary for Christmas Midnight Mass at the Vatican for 25 years, passed away in his sleep at about 3 a.m. in Villa St. Joseph in Delaware County.
- Dom Speaks With Pa. Senator Chuck McIlhinney About Liquor Bill
- Germantown High School Graduates Its Final Class Ever
- Lien Placed On Home Of Philadelphia Mayor For Failure To Pay PGW Bill
- Pregnant Woman In Serious Condition Following Triple Shooting in North Philadelphia
- City Council Probe Into Deadly Building Collapse Highlights Two Levels of Care By City
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...